Menu
coyi64
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Can't remove favourites

Going through the Favourites in Settings, I can't remove the channels - the red thumb down is not removing them.  Am I the only one got this problem.  Is this a bug since the new format.  I used to be able to remove them before.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can't remove favourites

Hi there Coyi64, 

I may have the answer for you here. I discovered a way to get this sorted. 

When viewing any TV channel that you subscribe to, press the OK button on your remote. the mini guide will appear. Scroll down through this (Pressing CH down will move three channels at a time) until you see the channel you want to remove from your favourite. 

When the cursor is over the channel you want to remove, press the left arrow key to scroll backwards, before moving onto previous shows the cursor will land on the channel name. Now press the Thumbs Down button, this will remove the channel from your favourites list. 

I have tested this myself, and found that I was able to add and remove unsubscribed channels from my favourite list using this method. 

Please let me know if this helps. 

Take care 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Have you downgraded your TV package or did you put some of the channels which were recently free to all and since removed into your favourites?

0 Kudos
coyi64
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I downgraded from XL to M+ about 2 years ago, or more I can't remember exactly when.  Before the new format I could remove or add by using the thumbs buttons.  Yes I did, I got the HD channels over Christmas.  Now I got greyed out channels in my Favourites like Watch HD, Eden HD, CBS Drama and so on.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You cannot remove greyed-out, channels you no longer have, from Favourites.

0 Kudos
coyi64
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

That's correct.  Every time I press the red thumb down, it gives a sound and nothing changed, the thumb up icons next to the ticks are still showing.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

There is nothing that you can do. You can either think of it as a software bug or a function that was not considered when the software was designed.

0 Kudos
coyi64
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I expected that answer to be honest - no problem, thanks for your input nevertheless.  I tried the 'Restart or Reset Options' and the only thing I didn't do is the 'Clear & Delete Everything' because I didn't want to lose my recordings.  Is there a way of contacting the technical team and pass the details of the bug for them to look at?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there Coyi64, 

I may have the answer for you here. I discovered a way to get this sorted. 

When viewing any TV channel that you subscribe to, press the OK button on your remote. the mini guide will appear. Scroll down through this (Pressing CH down will move three channels at a time) until you see the channel you want to remove from your favourite. 

When the cursor is over the channel you want to remove, press the left arrow key to scroll backwards, before moving onto previous shows the cursor will land on the channel name. Now press the Thumbs Down button, this will remove the channel from your favourites list. 

I have tested this myself, and found that I was able to add and remove unsubscribed channels from my favourite list using this method. 

Please let me know if this helps. 

Take care 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

coyi64
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You're a star.  It worked and now the greyed out channels are gone from my Favourites.  Thank you for that.  

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

That is really good to hear coyi64, 

And thank you for letting me know it worked for you too, and thank you for marking my answer as a helpful answer, as this will help future members who experience this issue should they do a forum search. 

Thanks again 

Huw

0 Kudos