Menu
C-and-R
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can't play catch up TV from the guide

I've found a number of posts about this in the forum archives, so I just want to check if this is still an outstanding fault or not?

If you use the scroll back function on the guide to find a program I want to 'Catch up' on, then select it, the only option I ever get is 'Go to Catch Up', which is just the menu of catch up services. You then have to find the program all over again. Aggghhhhh.

This is not related to shows not being available on catch up yet as I've seen mentioned in other posts. I can search for a show or browse the A-Z listings, then select it and it offers to play it directly, and it does. But find the exact same show from the Guide, and it can only take you to the Catch Up services menu. I've scanned amost every show in the last week, and nothing ever plays direct from the guide. Is this an outstanding bug? If so, is there a tracking number for it so I know when you've fixed it and thus can bother using the scroll back function?

Just a quick other moan. The A-Z listings page. It does what it says on the tin, yes, but how many hours would it take for the developers to make it group by program so it doesn't list every single episode of a show I don't care about. Page down, page down, yawn, page down, page down....

Colin

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't play catch up TV from the guide

Hi C-and-R,

A warm welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'd like to help check this out for you.  I have carried out some tests on our office TV and I have been able to order a couple of programmes from the previous 7 days on Catch Up and it went directly to the programme.  

Can you please let me know if the programmes you have chosen have come from the same channel or different channels?

It would be great to have some examples of a programme/channel number so I can attempt to replicate this fault for you.

In relation to the A-Z listings, we're always open to feedback so I will pass this on the the relevant teams to see if we can incorporate this in the future.

Let me know how you get on, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Usually the "Goto Catchup" menu option should change to "Watch from Catchup" within a few hours of the show being broadcast, certainly it should change by 24hours later unless there's a service fault somewhere.

Do you have any specific examples, that may help VM-faults/forum team pinpoint whether there's a fault with specific programs, channels or even your box?

0 Kudos
C-and-R
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the responses. Here are two examples I've just tested.

Today (10/02/2016) - The Sweeny at 10:55 - 12:00 on ITV4
I can play this from the catch up menu under the By Day menu for Today, works fine, launching directly into ITV Player.
Scroll back to when it aired in the guide, and it can only take me to the Catchup menu

Monday (08/02/2016) - Insert Name Here Episode 6 at 22:00 - 22:30 on BBC Two
Again, plays from the catch up menu for Monday, lauching straight to the show in BBC iPlayer, but if I scroll back, it just offers me the Catch up menu again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi and thank you for the examples you have provided C-and-R,

I have just attempted to replicate these programmes you've given as examples here, they both worked fine and went straight to the programme from the guide.

Would you mind trying the same 2 programmes again for me please to see if it's still the same you're end?

Let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
tosker
Just joined
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

every time I go to catchup  says cant get catchup try again in minute

0 Kudos