Menu
Daffneybell
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can I set reminders

Can I set programme reminders like on sky? As I don't want to record everything I watch thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
LittleMick73
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can I set reminders

Hi as nodrogd has stated, it will also record but if you have set reminders I presume you are in & watching, it's very easy to just cancel the recording, once the reminder has kicked in, and changed the channel for you. Regards Micky

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

With the TiVO firmware, no.

Virgins previous boxes had a tuner dedicated to Live TV with another 2 tuners available for recording, so the Live TV tuner could be used for reminders. From the outset it was decided that all tuners on the TiVO would have recording ability to accomodate features like automatic recording against preferences.

Then what happens when a reminder is set & all the tuners are occupied with recordings? The only workaround was therefore to set a "Record Reminder", & hence the programme is always recorded.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/Why-do-I-have-to-record-reminders/m-p/1410522/high...

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

LittleMick73
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi as nodrogd has stated, it will also record but if you have set reminders I presume you are in & watching, it's very easy to just cancel the recording, once the reminder has kicked in, and changed the channel for you. Regards Micky
Daffneybell
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks getting rid of virgin anyway going to stick with sky you don't need to be a genius with there remote  thanks.

0 Kudos