Menu
Bantamscorpion
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Can I safely remove and reconnect the white in cable from the back of my TiVo box?

Might sound a bit of a basic query but I am having my room completely re-plastered and need to remove everything to avoid damage. I just need to be certain that if I remove and reconnect the cable then I wont be completely messing up my tv service. Many thanks for your advice.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can I safely remove and reconnect the white in cable from the back of my TiVo box?

That should be OK but you should be aware that the box may be de-activated on the cable network if left powered off for an extended period.

It is easy to get the box re-activated by calling in or leaving a request on this forum.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Can I safely remove and reconnect the white in cable from the back of my TiVo box?

That should be OK but you should be aware that the box may be de-activated on the cable network if left powered off for an extended period.

It is easy to get the box re-activated by calling in or leaving a request on this forum.

0 Kudos
Bantamscorpion
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for the quick response and advice.

0 Kudos