mine too
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I make my TiVo box work faster

Hello Tomba9130 and jb66,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear that the TiVo® is being slow for you both.

We are aware of this issue and are trying to get this resolved as soon as possible but in the meantime there are a few things you can try to speed things up here.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JohnM29
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You have been trying to fix this problem since the beginning of September at least.  Rumour is that you tried to rehost software planned for the next generation box onto the existing TIVO and it just can't hack it. Why not just admit it and go back to the software that worked. Most of us don't need all the bells and whistles you keep trying to add in, we just want a box that works reliably. Perhaps Virgin are going to give us all the new box for free, given all the problems that we have had to suffer. 

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

JohnM29 wrote:

You have been trying to fix this problem since the beginning of September at least.  Rumour is that you tried to rehost software planned for the next generation box onto the existing TIVO and it just can't hack it. Why not just admit it and go back to the software that worked. Most of us don't need all the bells and whistles you keep trying to add in, we just want a box that works reliably. Perhaps Virgin are going to give us all the new box for free, given all the problems that we have had to suffer. 

Except that is a problem if you have a Samsung box as the previous version of the software didn't work either. Dolby Digital was disabled in the previous update, summer 2015, and it took them until this summer to release the new version which fixed that.

No one could ever accuse VM of releasing software updates that work.

Maybe we should start a thread to guess what problem will be introduced when they, if ever, release a version to fix the slowness.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!