Menu
terieit2
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can I expand my recording space.

I have seen posts about a dingle type device for expanding the memory size for my recordings. Is there 1 that's ok'd by Virgin or is this not possible?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I expand my recording space.

No, there is no option to expand using USB drives or whatever.

If you have a 500GB one you can upgrade to 1TB but that involves swapping out the TiVo, which means you lose your recordings anyway.

0 Kudos
scouser73
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi terieit2,

There are many guides which cover adding additional HDD storage, but I think that doing so would be breaking the Terms & Conditions set out here:

http://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services.html#syst...

F. Looking after your system and equipment.

Number 4.

A. misuse or neglect of, or accidental or wilful damage to, the equipment;

B. fault in, or any other problem (including set up and specification) associated with, your own equipment or any system that we do not cover; or

C. your failure to keep to this agreement.

Number 5

You are responsible for maintaining any equipment that is relevant to the services which you own (for example, your television set, projectors, display monitors, computer interface card, printer and so on but not the equipment that we provide).

Regards,

scouser73

152 Mbp/s Broadband - Windows 10 [Home] - SuperHub 3.0 - HTC Desire 825
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You may be able to do this with the US type TiVO, which is an open platform device. Virgin's closed platform TiVO is a totally different piece of kit, & any external copying, except using analogue methods, is blocked.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos