Menu
Andrew111
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Can I connect my Tivo box audio out to my home cinema system to use the hc as the sound?

I want to be able to use Tivo with home cinema sound, Can I do this? Thanks

0 Kudos
mazzz
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I connect my Tivo box audio out to my home cinema system to use the hc as the sound?

Have been asking the same for a few weeks, keep getting suggestions that don't work. It looks like the only way it will work is through the optical cable from Tivo to surround sound/home cinema not scart...My home cinema does not have optical in only the red and white RCA cables have looked at this but didn't want to buy yet another wasted item unless someone can confirm it will work....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Analog-Audio-Converter-Optical/dp/B0068IPE40

0 Kudos
Andrew111
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can I connect my Tivo box audio out to my home cinema system to use the hc as the sound?

Thanks Mazz, Before I try that idea at another £21 like you I have a few others - I have got it to work via the TV stereo jack out, not ideal, and I'm going to dig out some old scart leads I have to drive from the TV into the phono's on the cinema set.... You thought it would be easy nowadays!

0 Kudos
mazzz
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you do suss it out Andrew could you kindly message me with details many thanks, Maria

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If I'm understanding your set-up correctly, you just need a scart to phono output adapter like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SCART-Adapter-PHONO-S-VHS-OUT/dp/B000JJ5FLG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=14797180...

0 Kudos
Andrew111
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Maria/Anyone!

Well success at a price.  Tried Scart to phono (£2.84 from Maplin) but my set up didn't like that.  Pushed the boat out and bought a TRIXES USB powered DAC Audio convertor TOSLINK for £8.99 from Amazon and it worked.  Didn't work from TV optical to cinema sound but did from TIVO box optical to cinema (TIVO box has USB for power, saves extra power supply)

Worth a try?

Best regards

Andrew

0 Kudos