Menu
milliemunchkin
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Caller ID

hi can I get caller id for my home phone. Is it free or do I have to add it to my bundle.

0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Caller ID

Yes provided you have a phone that shows caller ID and it's not free you have to request it, it has a monthly charge, it might work out cheaper if you negotiate it as  part of your VM bundle

0 Kudos
milliemunchkin
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply.  I'll not bother then if you have to pay .  I am trying to reduce my outgoing so  don't class this as a necessity.

i don't really use it enough .

Buffer6 wrote:

Yes provided you have a phone that shows caller ID and it's not free you have to request it, it has a monthly charge, it might work out cheaper if you negotiate it as  part of your VM bundle

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi milliemunchkin,

Thanks for your post on the Forum about Caller Display. As Buffer6 advised, Caller Display is a chargeable landline feature and the price is dependent on your package bundle.

As an individual feature, Caller Display is charged at £2.25 a month. If you would like more information about our telephone service prices, please have a look at the following link: Prices.

If you would like to add Caller Display or any other feature to your landline, just give us a call on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone).

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
DianeSimons
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'd like caller ID but I don't telephone anyone. I text replies to people on mobiles. I had caller ID before I switched from Sky to Virgin yesterday.

How do I order caller ID without telephoning anyone please?

0 Kudos
japitts
Well-informed
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You might be able to do this by logging into the account section of "my Virgin Media"

0 Kudos
DianeSimons
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I started there, went round the "contact us -  try this option - contact us" circle a few times and landed here. There is nothing I can add or change or check to buy, add, upgrade or request it. I need a person that I don't have to telephone to get it.

0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

there is a chat option hiding in there somewhere, they're open until midnight if you want to give it a try - I believe there is a charge for Caller ID though I couldn't say how much, it's wrapped in my bundle cost.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Welcome DianeSimons and thanks for coming around here and posting with us.

As a reference I've provided our help page What features can I get with my phone? and also a link to the phone section of our website as this contains further information in regards to call features. You can either call our team on 0345 454 1111 or use the contact us page to go to our chat team as you mentioned you'd prefer. If you select the option 'Buying or Upgrading' and then select 'Upgrade my broadband, TV or phone package' this will then give you the option to speak with our chat team.

Let us know how you get on.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos