Menu
Diemen_Hell
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cable type

Hello, i'm a newbie so this is my first message.  I would like to move the Tivo box into another room but I would like to know the type of cable used by Virgin Media which does not cause interference?  Where can I buy this cable? Ebay? Maplin? I cannot use a standard coaxial cable as it cause signal interference.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable type

you are correct in your statement that its not standard coax cable - have a search there are some links to cables on Amazon - or search on Amazon

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable type

Hi Diemen_Hell,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I just wanted to pop by and let you know that we can arrange for one of our engineers to call round if you would like to relocate the box anywhere in the home for you.  It does cost £99, for this you will have any length cabling required and signal adjustments necessary to ensure the service is working fully.

Depending on where you plan to relocate the box if you use cabling that isn't up to the task it can impact the service, cause signal problems not just for yourself but can have a domino effect onto other's services in the nearby area.  

It is advisable to have one of our engineers call round to do this.  If you wish to take us up on this then let me know and we can arrange an appointment no problem.  

Let me know what you decide.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos