Menu
markyjg1971
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cable in my Street

Who can I contact in Virgin Media regarding a stupid situation with cabling.  I live in a 4 bed detached house - one of about 20 4bed houses yet the cabling ends across the street from my house so I cannot get Virgin Media - I can even see the cover in the pavement.  The old person bungalow across the road can.  How stupid?  Anyone know who to contact?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable in my Street

Not a stupid situation really. Most of the original cable build in existing areas was installed over 20 years ago. Houses are added or taken away, but most builders do not consider, or cannot afford to contribute financially to the changes required to the cable ducting. If ducting is only on one side of the road, extending it to the other & possibly increasing cabinet capacity will cost VM tens of thousands. They have to be able to reasonably recover their outlay from the subscriptions they will get back, so adding just one customer is not an option. Sign up via cablemystreet, & try to encourage as many of your neighbours as possible to do so, & you will increase your chances.

http://cablemystreet.virginmedia.com/#!/cablemystreet

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos