Menu
UNKNOWN
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

CNN Poor Picture Quality

Went off air about an hour ago and when it came back the picture quality is awful like a poor quality youtube feed from 20 years ago. Washed out and out of focus. Clearly a VM problem rather than signal levels.

Once again, VM fails to deliver.

0 Kudos
UNKNOWN
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: CNN Poor Picture Quality

Unfortunately, not just CNN but most if not all channels. According to online chat, it is yet another local fault. Can anyone confirm a fault that causes out-of-focus picture with too much contrast and muted colours because that just seems weird? Started after tv went off air for a few seconds with a "call 150" error. Recordings are fine. Fix date 16th November apparently

Honestly, it is just one problem after another with this company and now no tv for a week because it hurts our eyes!!! There are about 5 faults shown on service status and that does not even include the picture problem!!!

I've only just got my broadband working. After months of being told it did not work due to chronic over-utilisation, it turned out to be a faulty 2ac.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello UNKNOWN,

Thanks for posting and I'm very sorry to hear about this.

I have located your account and sent some signals to the box so could you reset the box by the mains and let me know if there's any change please?

Also if you haven't already would you be able to make sure all the cables are secure at the back of the box and if you're still experiencing a poor picture then I would like to send one of the team out to check things over for you.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
UNKNOWN
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Rose_B wrote:

Hello UNKNOWN,

Thanks for posting and I'm very sorry to hear about this.

I have located your account and sent some signals to the box so could you reset the box by the mains and let me know if there's any change please?

Also if you haven't already would you be able to make sure all the cables are secure at the back of the box and if you're still experiencing a poor picture then I would like to send one of the team out to check things over for you.

Talk to you soon

Is there not a known fault in the area then, as I was told, that will be fixed by 16th November  that I have a copy of the transcript for? What are the "signals" and reboots for - did you detect a problem? Of course, the person I had the chat with, went through the same procedures which made no difference.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes there is a issue in the area but this should only be affecting slow performance not poor picture quality. I have sent signals to refresh the box and then I would recommend rebooting because this can fix many issues. If you've already done this then I would recommend sending one of our technicians to you. Is this issue still happening with most channels?

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos