Menu
joebloggs
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

CISCO 1Tb TiVo high pitch noise

Got TV installed to, but...Anyone had the problem with the hard drive in the TiVo to have a super annoying high pitch noise? It's continuous and it makes me want to cancel (it's that bad), I've had a TiVo before and was no way this bad! I hope I sleep tonight with it otherwise I'm have to unplug it and miss recordings
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: CISCO 1Tb TiVo high pitch noise

Hi Joebloggs Smiley Happy

Welcome back to the Community and thank you for posting your message Smiley Happy

My apologies for the noise on the TiVo, I would like to ask if this is happening when the TiVo is in standby mode and when it's not recording anything? I've checked the TiVo my end and I've not able to see anything amiss, which is good news.

Keep in touch as i'd like to help more.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
joebloggs
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've got an engineer out tomorrow as it sounds like a low cost/ budget hard drive as no matter what you do from lifting it, cushioning it to stop vibrations the high pitch noise remains and has disrupted sleep, it does go to sleep when it spins down in standby but soon wakes back up, often had it show I have no recordings and what sounds like a buzzer going off (I've encountered failing hard drives do this when I repair computers) I hope to GOD I get a Samsung one as I didn't have any of these issues on that.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Joebloggs, 

Thank you for you detailed reply Smiley Happy

I was just wondering how things have been, and that has the engineer been out to see you?

Fingers crossed for you and please let me know if there's anything I can help you with in the meantime. 

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
joebloggs
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Got the Samsung (which I wanted), no high pitch annoying noise, just the normal set top box sounds which I'm happy with.

Also the Samsung is snappier in the menus, maybe the software is optimised a bit better.
0 Kudos