Menu
marrtin
Superfast
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

CBBC still not on viewable in the morning!

Cmckee pointed out some time ago that the CBBC channel was not on air Saturday morning.  Over the last couple of weeks, the service seemed to be restored, but sadly,  my recordings of Shaun the Sheep from 07:10 this Sunday morning have reverted to the "This Channel is not on air right now" message.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: CBBC still not on viewable in the morning!

Hi marrtin, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the missing recording. 

Have you seen any more examples of this since postings on Monday?

Let me know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
marrtin
Superfast
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi marrtin, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the missing recording. 

Have you seen any more examples of this since postings on Monday?

Let me know. 

Thanks, 

For your information, the Tivo again failed to record both of this Sunday's episodes of Shaun the Sheep broadcast at 07:10 and 07:20 respectively.  I don't record any other programmes on CBBC so cannot confirm if there are any other issues.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi marrtin, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

So just to make sure i'm not confusing things, when you've set the recordings, the TiVo® is recording the channel however it is a 10 minute broadcast of channel not on air currently?

Is that right?

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
marrtin
Superfast
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:.......... the TiVo® is recording the channel however it is a 10 minute broadcast of channel not on air currently?

Yes, that is correct as such.  According to the guide, the channel should be on air, but all that is recorded is 10 minutes of "WE'LL BE BACK"  This channel is not on air right now.  Check the guide to find out what's on and when."

Actually, the series link records 2 x 10 minute shows (or We'll be back messages").  One at 07:10 and the second at 07:20.  Because planned recording is made by the Tivo series link, I cannot confirm the recording was made at the time displayed on screen. 

Here is a screen shot.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Browser01
Superfast
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I notice from the screenshot that the recording is being made on the CBBC HD channel. Unfortunately the Beeb don't broadcast every program in HD (local news is an example). Try watching/recording in standard def and see if this helps.

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Another post at least seems to point to it being a known issue.
BBC3 and BBC4 have had the same issue but the other way around that they don't become active until 7pm and they also have been showing a black screen.

It's nothing to do with HD/SD it's a Tivo fault.

Has been raised here

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/CBBC-not-broadcasting-8am-saturday-morning/td-p/2700824

and here

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/This-channel-is-not-broadcasting-now/td-p/2559156

As you can see it has been an issue for some time.....

0 Kudos
marrtin
Superfast
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

BinghamBloke wrote:

As you can see it has been an issue for some time.....

It has also worked perfectly well for some time too, but as stated in my original post,  what appeared to be a resolved problem has in fact re-appeared over the last couple of weeks.

Cmckee wrote:
Hi this issue was fixed on sun 1st feb, then fine on 8th 15th and 22nd feb but broken again on 1st Mar.. Cbbc not on air at 8am
CBBC has recorded in HD at the weekend before, but out of interest, I will try recording this weekends SD version as well

0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

As others have mentioned sometimes it's ok other times it is not.

I don't think they have ever fixed it just that it appears to be an intermittent fault.
At least they have acknowledged it as a fault which is something as plenty of other things they don't.
0 Kudos
Wolfie11
Tuning in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I experience this on CBeebies HD as well.

I regularly turn the Tivo on just after 6am and it often shows the channel off air message posted earlier. Usually, but not always, just going up a channel and back down again, corrects it & brings the programme on but it's clearly nothing to do with output not being in HD

0 Kudos