Menu
DAVRICH
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Buffering

I have read historic conversations regarding repeated and irritating buffering when watching iplayer or catchup through my virgin tivo.

Is this still something that I have to put up with despite the amount I pay for my service or is there a technical repair that can sort it out?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buffering

It seems to be a mix of issues.

From what I am aware, the TiVo and V box etc (excluding V6) run over the legacy part of the network. Whilst the Superhub side runs over the normal network side. There has been cases where the legacy side of the network was suffering congestion which led to TiVo  / V box buffering.

But of course you have to factor in that TiVo is a old STB, from about 2010 to 2011. On top the fact the model VM picked for the TiVo was known to be slow to begin with. Now add in up to date applications and lots of new features - stuff which the STB was never designed to cope with and you get further slow down. On top of what is a slow, under-whelming STB from near 7 years ago.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Addams Family Version-2.jpg
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buffering

Hi Davrich

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry to learn about the problems you're experiencing with your TV services recently.

I've not been able to locate your account to take a closer look at this from our end unfortunately, if you're still experiencing the issues with your service I'd like to run some tests. To allow me to do so, could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information, you can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos