Menu
BobandJ
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Buffering on all catch up on tivo

I have a direct connection i.e. My Broadband is from BT yet Tviv is constantly buffering on Netflix,,  catchup etc

How is it that I can apparently sign up for 200Mb broadband on this connection yet it cope.

0 Kudos
BobandJ
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Buffering on all catch up on tivo

Sorry for the typos TiVo can't cope
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi BobandJ,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing buffering on the Netflix app via TiVo®.  I will be happy to help check this out for you.

Our TiVo® boxes come with a dedicated modem which allows things like the apps to function.  Even if you were to be on Broadband with us this would be on a different part of the network so your Broadband may not necessarily be affected.  

I have taken a look at your TiVo® box remotely and there is some high demand present.  This has already been escalated to our network engineers and they are working to resolve this.  Due to the nature of the work required to alleviate the high demand issues it can take some time to resolve.  We're due an update by the 15th June 16, if by then things haven't improved, please give us a shout and we'll be happy to check for an update for you.  This will also impact other apps like BBC iPlayer and YouTube also.

The reference number for this is: F004356460.  I'm sorry for the disruption this is causing.

Let me know how you get on.  We're here to help if you need us.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
BobandJ
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Collette, thanks for the update, but that doesn't really help me when trying to use any type of service that entails a download. Surely I should be getting something usable when paying for the high end package that I have. Have you any idea when the faults you describe are likely to be resolved? Waiting two months for an upgrade really isn't much of a fix.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi BobandJ,

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy

At present there is no specific fix time.  At the moment the 15th June is the estimated fix time or will be reviewed at this time.  I'm sorry there isn't a quick solution to this issue.

Our aim is to resolve as soon as we can.  With the issue being of a high demand nature, this mainly occurs during peak times.  Whilst I know it isn't ideal the service may work better during non-peak times.  

As mentioned, you can request an update nearer the time and we'll be happy to check for you.  In the meantime, I am sorry for the disruption this is causing, we will work to fix as soon as we can.

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

Collette. 

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos