Menu
chris65
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

BufFering on bbc i player

Why do I get lots of buffering and sometimes loss of sound on bbc iplayer, itv player and sometimes on you tube

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BufFering on bbc i player

Hi chris65, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having with your apps on the TiVo®

I have taken a look at your account and can see there is currently a fault open for utilisation on the line that is affecting the Modem part of the TiVo®

I'm afraid this does mean you will experience issues when trying to use the apps. 

It has been raised under reference F003387486 and there is a review date set for 14th January. 

Once this happens we will have more of an idea on what's going on and how it's going to be fixed Smiley Happy

Feel free to bump the thread then.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You have utilisation issues, or signal issues.

Either way, fill in the iPlayer survey here:
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/BBC-iPlayer-BBC-Sports-App-Red-Button/m-p/2375611#U2375611

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Gordy1965
Rising star
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Don't bother wasting your time with the survey, this has been an issue for long enough just go through the threads.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi chris65, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having with your apps on the TiVo®

I have taken a look at your account and can see there is currently a fault open for utilisation on the line that is affecting the Modem part of the TiVo®

I'm afraid this does mean you will experience issues when trying to use the apps. 

It has been raised under reference F003387486 and there is a review date set for 14th January. 

Once this happens we will have more of an idea on what's going on and how it's going to be fixed Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Gordy1965
Rising star
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

Hi chris65, 

Thanks, 

YAWN !!!!

0 Kudos
chris65
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

When will I start to see a difference
0 Kudos
chris65
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

6 days after the review date and still nothing , I am paying for something that I am not getting
0 Kudos
sjp123
Problem sorter
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

chris65 wrote:
6 days after the review date and still nothing , I am paying for something that I am not getting

trying not to be too contrary... iPlayer is classed as a free add on so you're not really paying for something you're not getting

Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

chris65 wrote:
6 days after the review date and still nothing

I think you're confusing 'review date' with 'action date'.

It's highly unlikely that anything was done other than take a decision on the priority of performing the work.

I'm happy to be corrected, but I believe you're reading more into what was written than there actually is.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Chris65, 

I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues with iPlayer buffering. I have checked into the fault reference to see what is going on. 

On the review date it was found that the work that had already been completed had not resolved the issue completely, so additional work was requested and a new review date has been set for 25/03/2015. 

I would like to clear things up a little about review dates here - A Review date is a time specified that our Networks department will again look at the issue to see if work which has been completed has eased the congestion on the network. In your case, a large number of customers were moved off the cable that you are connected to, onto another, in the aims to relieve the congestion. It was discovered upon review that there is still sufficient congestion to warrant further work to the network. This could be moving more customers off your part of the network, or could also mean that network upgrades are needed, digging up streets etc.

Apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules