Menu
bennyg
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broken Tivo box

Hi Guys,

So recently on and off we have been getting W02 error code on channels and tivo box generally not working.

Had engineer here today who said its a signal problem, went away and fumbled in the cab. Came back and said yep signal is fine. All good so far..

Now he reboots the tivo box and low and behold, its now in a boot loop. Odd. Even with the W02 problem it rebooted everytime and allowed us to catch up on recordings.

I honestly don't think the engineer had much idea what was going and just said leave it overnight see if it comes back on..

Now the dilemma, missus has 6 weeks worth of recordings she needs to catch up on, and we don't want to loose any series links Smiley Sad

Is there anyway these can be backed up in anyway shape or form, or does anybody know anything I can check to see if I can get the tivo box to boot back up?

Further info on my setup: we have a single coax that comes off a wall box, then splits into two cables (one for broadband and one for tivo) so it shouldn't be a signal problem (broadband runs fine at 152mb)

Kinda wish I wouldnt have let the engineer reboot and brick my tivo box grr

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broken Tivo box

Recordings cannot be transferred between STBs, but you can copy your TiVo settings (series link etc) over to the replacement, link on how to: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=62969&CURRENT_... - you have a 14 day time limit to do it from replacement of the STB.

If I recall right you can use the SCART port to back a recording to DVD recorder - but you have to have be viewing the recording all the way through for it to be recorded by the DVD recorder. So you may as well watch the recordings if you can get it loading again, as TiVo saving out via SCART is very basic.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
bennyg
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ok so engineer has been again, messed about with signals again and replaced the box anyway.

However from your link above there is no transfer settings button!! Help!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

bennyg wrote:

However from your link above there is no transfer settings button!! Help!

The linked FAQ doesn't contain the link, you need to browse to http://www.virginmedia.com/tvanywhere as it mentions, the follow the rest of the instructions.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bennyg,

Thank you for coming in and posting again, welcome back.

That's great news to see that the engineer has been and also there's been some help from members of the Community Smiley Happy

I would like to know how things have been since you last posted, do you need any further assistance?

Take car.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
bennyg
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No all sorted.

I spent about an hour onto your 'tech' support team to transfer series links etc to be told because I'm not in the US it isn't possible. Send the person an email with a link to the virgin site that says its possible!

She was then even more confused.

It was actually starting to get hilarious from my point, and whilst on hold I googled the problem, found another thread on here with a link that shows your hidden box to transfer from, clicked transfer and that was it all done.

Your lovely tech support lass then took me off hold, apologised, and advised because I no longer have my old tivo box (it wasn't booting anyway!) it was impossible to transfer the series links etc.

I laughed and said don't worry love, I've done it via google anyway!

Scary thing is, this was an english call centre!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bennyg,

Hmm, that is a little interesting to see and a little worrying!

Well the good news is you're here with us and we've got the know-how and lots of experience when it comes to our services. I hope that you enjoy the rest of your Tuesday and if you feel that you may need anything in the future, you only need to ask Smiley Happy

All the best and take care.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos