Menu
Weehirry1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband

I signed up for 100Mb speed for my TV but does that apply to my iPad as well?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband

VM's TV service does not use the broadband service. Only the TiVO apps do, for which the TiVO has its own built in modem.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Weehirry1 wrote:

I signed up for 100Mb speed for my TV but does that apply to my iPad as well?

I'm not actually sure what your question is?

Virgin Media will deliver 100Mb to the modem part of the Superhub. What speed you then get at any device is dependent on your device and how it's connected.

In the case of an iPad, you will be connecting via wifi and the speed you achieve will be determined by contention with other wifi sources in your local area and which wifi band you are connecting to and the distance you are from the Superhub and ......

0 Kudos
Weehirry1
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am a wee bit confused by your reply. What do you mean that VM services don't use broadband. Only the TiVo which has its own built in Broadband. I was under the impression that the broadband came down through the router. I had two different  VM engineers within a week of each other at my place repairing my telephones service and I asked each one about the broadband. Both confirmed what I thought. In fact one of them done a meter test with the router behind the TV where I had it positioned and another with it on the floor in line of sight and proved there was a difference. Their meter readings were greater than my own iPad meter but then again their meters are probably rigged to get a higher reading.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think I'm confused by your original question.
You have TV installed, this doesn't use your 100Mbps broadband connection.
Your iPad uses whatever available connection speed it can get.

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

PrinterElf wrote:
I think I'm confused by your original question.
You have TV installed, this doesn't use your 100Mbps broadband connection.
Your iPad uses whatever available connection speed it can get.

If he has just had his VM TV service installed then he might have a V6, which could be the cause of the confusion. If that is the case then normal TV services delivered via the coax while network services, EPG updates, iPlayer, etc., are delivered via his 100Mbps broadband connection

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

However, what TV box he has is somewhat irrelevant to his actual question which is about Internet performance at his iPad which was noted in my first post on this thread but not responded to by the OP.

0 Kudos