Menu
jw98
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Broadband location problems - Manchester / Edinburgh

I've had a new Tivo box delivered today, installed it without any problems, but now my computer thinks I am in Edinburgh, which would be fine but I'm actually in Manchester! Smiley Surprised

This is affecting my VirginMobile phone location too, which takes it's primary location as my broadband location. Any suggestions?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband location problems - Manchester / Edinburgh

Hi jw98,

A warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I will be happy to help look into this location issue for you.  Is this still the case today?  If so, let me know and I can help check this out.  If you can also advise if this happens on various websites or just the 1?  

Keep me posted, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
jw98
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette

It seems to be improving - this morning, any site which depended on location thought I was in Edinburgh, tonight it seems to think I am about a mile away from my home, but if you have a look at it for me it would be helpful

John

0 Kudos
jw98
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

But tonight I'm back in Edinburgh! Very frustrating
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jw98,

Thank you for letting us know that this issue is still going on. Apologies for the delay in getting back to you and that you are still experiencing a problem with your service.

Is this issue still going on since Friday?  Have you noticed any problem with your broadband service other than the location services mis-match? Also when this happens, have you noticed that your local channels via your TiVo revert from Manchester to Edinburgh? (You can check this on local channel 159 and also your regional news on BBC and ITV).

I've been able to access your account via your Forum details and testing does show an issue that will require an engineer to resolve. I'll need to take more information to arrange an appointment, so I'll send you a private message--just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos