Menu
Kazza1970
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Break up of picture and slow motion when watching live or recordings

The last few weeks watching tv live or recordings on my TiVo are breaking up and the picture goes into slow motion or pixels break up. It's getting worse. Checked my cables and they are fitted correctly, also checked on Virgin website for any service status problems in my area...still no explanation. It's becoming worse and programmes are sometimes unwatchable. Advise please. I will call Virgin customer service tomorrow but notice a few others experiencing problems too. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Break up of picture and slow motion when watching live or recordings

Hi Kazza1970,

Thanks for the update, I'm pleased to hear we're sending someone out to get this sorted for you.

I just wanted to pop by and make sure you're aware that when the new box is put in place you can copy your TiVo settings over.  This will save you a heap of time getting your Series Links, Wish Lists and Thumbs Ratings put in place.  Instructions to do this can be found here:

How to copy TiVo® settings

I hope this will be helpful for you Smiley Happy

Please do keep me posted on how you get on after the new box is in place, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's probably a signal issue but could be your box. Try a reboot first -off then on- if no improvement ring for an engineer 

Kazza1970
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for advice. I will try rebooting and see what happens.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there kazza1970, 

Firstly I'd like to welcome you to the forums, and say that I'm really sorry to hear of the troubles you've experienced whilst watching your TiVo®, this really shouldn't be the case. 

I've run some testing and can see some issues with the hard drive, so I'd like to arrange for someone to call out and investigate further for you. 

I'll send you a private message in order to set the wheels in motion, so please look to the top right of this page where you'll see a purple envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Many thanks and apologies once again. 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
beaker656
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Here's a quick test for you. It'll isolate a possible tuner issue.
1, ensure there are no upcoming recordings.

2, set 3 recordings going on 3 HD channels.

3, press Home, go to help & settings, then system info, diagnostics.

4, now scroll down and you will see "channel sources" and just underneath Tuner 0. Make a note of the channel it is recording.

5, Scroll down and do the same for Tuner 1 and 2

6, Stop the recordings and play them back. If you find a pixilated recording look and see which channel you were recording and what tuner was in use.

If you do find a poor recording, try again recording different HD channels. Now see if there is any commonality of bad recordings and the tuner used.
I've found you'll only get it occasionally when all 3 tuners are in use, but it may give you something definitive to push to VM for a replacement Tivo due to a failed tuner.

Hope it's of some use.
0 Kudos
Kazza1970
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. A virgin engineer has been booked as the problem is the Hard drive, so a replacement Tivo box is being installed.
Appreciate the assistance.
Regards Karen
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kazza1970,

Thanks for the update, I'm pleased to hear we're sending someone out to get this sorted for you.

I just wanted to pop by and make sure you're aware that when the new box is put in place you can copy your TiVo settings over.  This will save you a heap of time getting your Series Links, Wish Lists and Thumbs Ratings put in place.  Instructions to do this can be found here:

How to copy TiVo® settings

I hope this will be helpful for you Smiley Happy

Please do keep me posted on how you get on after the new box is in place, I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Kazza1970
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help, it looks as though the problem with pixelation etc are solved. I now have a new TiVo box which must've been the cause of the problem, as predicted by Huw. So far, so good! 

Good luck to others with the same problem, hope there's is solved as efficiently as mine. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos