Menu
Nodders
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Brand new Tivo box broken already .

Hey folks . We had a new box put in at the en of August and now it seems to be broken . It keeps clicking / whirring etc then rebooting , sometimes over and over , other times it can last for hours but inevitably it will reboot . In the middle of recording a 1 hour show like the other night , it recorded it in 36/6/26 minutes , it rebooted twice in the middle of that one show . We though it might be overheating were it was so moved it into the open , the last box lasted about 7 years in that spot and never overheated . This one does seem to get hot to the touch . We have had it on power saving but turned that off today to see if it would help , but no . I did get up this morning and could not get a response from the box , I had to unplug it and plug it back in to start . Any help would be appreciated Thanks .
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Brand new Tivo box broken already .

I'm afraid it's dying. It can happen that way (and as we all know with any electronic equipment). Phone it in and get an engineer booked. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nodders,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear your TiVo® box seems to be unwell at the moment. 

I can see you have had an engineer visit to get this sorted.  Is the TiVo® working better now for you?

It would be great to hear how your engineer appointment went.  I'm here to help if you need anything,

I look forward to hearing from you. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Nodders
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Heya , yeah went great . Engineer was fantastic , had a good chat with him , very helpful . 

Bad news is the new Tivo box we had installed just a few weeks ago was kaput , had to have another one . 

Cheers .

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's great news Nodders,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

I'm sorry that we had to swap the box over, I'm pleased that it's all fixed now for you.

Should you need us for anything else, you know where to find us.

All the best Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos