Menu
Peter42
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Boxswap: Beware!

Mid May I received an email:- "Peter, we're giving you a new TiVo box"

In the text it said that my model of V+ box will stop supporting all of the HD channels over the coming months.

Fine, I thought. So I went to the "BoxSwap me" page and arranged for delivery at the end of May.

End of May and the new box was delivered. Since my lounge was in a state of disarray, the box stayed unpacked until I was ready to install it.

11th July: email from Virgin Media: "Please send back your unused equipment"

"Hello,

Our records show you’ve been sent a new piece of kit that hasn’t been activated.

As you’re not using this kit, please return it as soon you can to avoid any charges being added to your account.

We’ve made it nice and easy to get equipment back to us. In your packaging you’ll find a pre-paid returns label – just follow the instructions and drop it off at any of the Collect+ points.

Kind Regards,

Virgin Media Team"

WHAT! ... So I replied, stating the situation.

15th July: Email from Virgin Media Collections Department: "Postal Packaging"

"Hi there.

our equipment you have recently disconnected is not required to be returned, please dispose of this in an environmentally friendly way. If you still wish for us to send postal packaging to send back for us to recycle please reply to this e-mail.

Thanks,"

The Virgin Media Collections Team.

Okay, so not a direct reply to my email but something is happening.

29th July: Email from Virgin Media: "Important message: Please return our kit"

"Hello,

We've been in touch a few times to remind you about returning our equipment. If you've already sent it back, thank you – and feel free to delete this email.

If you need us to resend packaging so you can return our equipment free of charge, please reply to this email.

Kind Regards,

Virgin Media Team"

So I replied to this, whilst thinking "What the hell! Make up your minds!"

Then, on 30th July, I received a text message:-

"Hi, it's Virgin Media. We've yet to receive our kit back, so a charge will be made in 7 days. Need prepaid return packaging? Reply YES and we'll send it."

Ironically, this is directly after a text copy of the email stating the equipment is not required to be returned.

So, the point.

Why was there no mention on a time limit for activation?

Does anybody at Virgin Media read the replies to emails they send?

I am seriously considering telling them what they can do with all of their kit.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Boxswap: Beware!

The emails are from an automated system.  Basically if you need packaging resent, you reply, if not you don't. Thats the extent of it.

SO whilst you are busy emailing back, VM are not going to know about your issue. You'd be best ringing them on 150 or waiting for staff to pick it up on here, when a human can intervene and tell the system to extend the activation window.

0 Kudos
Peter42
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Boxswap: Beware!

I guess that must be the case.

Shame their emails have  "Reply-to: equipmentreturns@virginmedia.co.uk"  in the header as that does suggest one can reply.

Anyway, I'll give them a couple of days to see if they send me the Return Paid packaging.

0 Kudos