Menu
VonnieV
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Box won't start up

Hi
Just come back from hols, went to turn on box it keeps trying to start up then switches off and this is going on & on. The lights on the front are doing some random flashing too.
I don't want to call the help line as it cost me over a fiver last time and was such a rigmarole to get to speak to someone.
Hope someone can help please ☺
Cheers Vonnie
0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box won't start up

If you turned the box off completely then that's the problem. They need to stay at least in standby to receive all their updates. Eventually you get effectively disconnected if the box can't update. 

Las to getting it back up the fastest way is to phone I'm afraid (although if you have a Virgin phone line dial 150 as it's free)

you could wait on here for a mod to see your post but it could take days and they may never read it 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

STBs not seen on the network for a set amount of time are deactivated. It will need a Hit sent to it to reactivate. 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
VonnieV
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the help.
Box wasn't turned off completely, just with remote. Lights were still showing on the front.
I didn't realise 150 was free as last time I had to call I had lost my landline connection, wifi & TV so I had to use my mobile. Man on phone couldn't fix it today so I've got a technician coming out on Thursday! Only had Virgin installed since last November and I have to say I'm not overly impressed with its stability. The automated helpline kept cutting me off too. I had to call 4 times and go through the rigmarole each time before I got to speak to someone. I'm now without my TV for yet another 3 days and I'm stuck in a contract for 18 months! Not impressed.

But again thanks for the help and sorry for the rant! Had to get it off my chest! x
0 Kudos
VonnieV
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Box has had it, got a replacement, up and running again!

VV

0 Kudos