Menu
Paul_T
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Box swap

Hi I received through the post an invitation to swap out my old v+ box for a new TiVo free of charge but I cannot find the landing page virginmedia.com/boxswap. Rang VM as you can't actually seem to email them without a specific issue, even selecting "other" in the topics menu. Spoke to someone on the phone who told me that the literature through the post was a spam email.I managed to remain calm as he passed me on to someone else who told me there would be an additional charge per month for the changed box.It appears nobody you speak to is aware of the box swap programme. Can someone point me in the right direction, preferably to the webpage where I can do it without speaking to the so called helpline.

Ok sorted now. Found landing page on PC rather than by using IPad and booked delivery. Still does not excuse lack of knowledge of the offer and comedy gold regarding postal documentation as a spam email

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box swap

Paul_T wrote:

Hi I received through the post an invitation to swap out my old v+ box for a new TiVo free of charge but I cannot find the landing page virginmedia.com/boxswap. Rang VM as you can't actually seem to email them without a specific issue, even selecting "other" in the topics menu. Spoke to someone on the phone who told me that the literature through the post was a spam email.I managed to remain calm as he passed me on to someone else who told me there would be an additional charge per month for the changed box.It appears nobody you speak to is aware of the box swap programme. Can someone point me in the right direction, preferably to the webpage where I can do it without speaking to the so called helpline.

Ok sorted now. Found landing page on PC rather than by using IPad and booked delivery. Still does not excuse lack of knowledge of the offer and comedy gold regarding postal documentation as a spam email

You are surely not suggesting that VM are clueless?

I received an email about the box swap last week, booked a swap last week, got a confirmation email on Monday but got a personally addressed letter today asking me if I wanted to arrange a swap.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Bingalau
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

Perhaps you can tell me how you managed to find the right page. I also got the letter a couple of days ago and tried to order mine... So far I haven't found it...  Must be something sadly lacking with the system.

Sincerely....Tom Crosbie...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Bingalau wrote:

Hi Paul

Perhaps you can tell me how you managed to find the right page. I also got the letter a couple of days ago and tried to order mine... So far I haven't found it...  Must be something sadly lacking with the system.

Sincerely....Tom Crosbie...

Have a look at the other thread, it might help.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/tivo-v-box-swap/m-p/2977853#U2977853

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
Paul_T
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, just posted on the link that I managed it on a PC by typing directly into the title bar of a webpage and not using a search engine. Just tried it again and it worked fine. Hope it does for you.
Will still have to have a word with Virgin about sending me spam emails through the post 😄
0 Kudos