Menu
GC1028
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Box swap V+ for Tivo or wait for new Tivo

A couple of days ago I received an email from VM offering to box swap my V+ HD box for Tivo box, totally free, no catches and no strings attached as in the coming months the V+ box as VM will stop supporting all their HD channels and also lose some functionality.
At the bottom of the email in small print it says they will swap SA8310 HD box for 500MB Tivo HD ready box. I would prefer to get the 1TB Tivo box with the same options they are offering.
But then I saw on the internet various news stories about a new version of Tivo box with 4K Ultra High Definition coming later this financial year to compete with Sky Q.  The Sky Q capacity is 2TB and can store up to 350 hours in HD. It can record four shows, while you watch a fifth.
What will the new Tivo capacity be and what other features will it have to compete with Sky and of course BT?
Have VM decided on a release date?

My thoughts at the moment while writing this is to wait till VM release the new Tivo box than getting the current old version. Would VM media offer their customers with the V+ a box swap for the new box?
What does the community think?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box swap V+ for Tivo or wait for new Tivo

GC1028 wrote:

Would VM media offer their customers with the V+ a box swap for the new box?
What does the community think?

Highly doubtful, as it will be new kit, it'd likely be tied to the higher tier of TV service and be something one could pay to upgrade to if one wanted to. They do the similar thing every time they release a new Superhub - limiting those who can get it, unless they are willing to jump through hoops.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos