Menu
ajscott1983
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Box so slow, pretty much unusable

Anyone else with this problem? 

When i press guide it takes about 30 seconds to load, when it finally loads it takes about another 20 seconds to scroll to the next page. Changing channels; black screen for about 10 seconds, followed by no signal message, then eventually the channel appears.

Tried rebooting it, no difference. Deleted a load of shows, no difference. 

On a few occasions the box just stops working, then all the lights start flashing, even a blue one appears I've never seen before, then it restarts, then does it all over again. 

The box isn't even a year old, what a piece of sh*t. This all started a few weeks ago.

cheers,

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
bulldog
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box so slow, pretty much unusable

we had this problem and we are now on our 4th box. they going ask you if you have done an restart on your box ? if so request for someone to come out and replace it.

ajscott1983
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, I'm expecting a pretty generic response from them at some point. Looks like this is fairly common complaint.

I have restarted it several times, to no avail...

0 Kudos
LoneSpeaker
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It's kind of wierd because I had this very same issue then a few weeks back my tivo got an upgrade to some testing software for series link+ etc and one side effect is the beep sound when pressing a button on the remote when moving around the menu's or changing channels has disappeared BUT my tivo is so much faster.

So I dunno if there is also an update in speed in this upgrade or whether it's just a placebo but maybe once they start rolling it from the pilot regions it will help you too Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi ajscott1983,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®. There's a nifty little trick you can try that clears background data on the box to help speed it up.

Press Home on the remote control then Thumbs Down, Thumbs up, Play, Play. You'll hear a 'ping' noise and the screen will go blank for a few seconds.

Try that and see if it helps!

All the best  Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

blacksun
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What does that thumbs up down thing do? Does it keep my recordings, series link rules and any planned recordings or does it wipe the box and start again?

0 Kudos
PaulGreyhead
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh

I had the same problem and just tried your fix. It worked! TiVo is back to normal speed again. Brilliant. 

Thank you. 

ajscott1983
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Tried that Josh, it did nothing, rebooted it about 5 times, nothing. And now, the guide doesn't even work properly, the majority of the channels just says 'to be announced'.

So what now? Is this a software issue, or is the box just crap?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi ajscott1983

Thanks for getting back to us, I'm sorry to hear that your box is still being very slow.

I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to take a closer look at this if your available, I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the purple envelope on the top right of this page.

Apologies again for the inconvenience caused with these issues, we're looking forward to getting them resolved.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi blacksun,

All it does is clear background data. Recordings, Series Links and Suggestions data will remain untouched!

Give it a go and let me know if you get any problems!

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos