Menu
BethAdam
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Box not working

My partner and I have had virgin internet for over a year had barely any issue brilliant speed and we were very happy. On moving house we decided to up our package to the TiVo box and telephone line this was in September. We are now still awaiting the telephone line. The box kept flickering my Tv was about 8 years old so we assumed it was just due to an old tv. We have a brand new tv ordered in the sales and we are still having the exact same issues. It is a mission to even watch one episode. Some episodes I try to watch in a series comes up. The box itself is so slow. Now it barely turns on if it does it flickers so bad it's difficult to watch anything!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Box not working

Hi I think you need to phone & go down the faults route, because it may take more time on the forum for a virgin person to respond, and presumably you would like your service over Christmas Regards Micky
0 Kudos

All Replies
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi I think you need to phone & go down the faults route, because it may take more time on the forum for a virgin person to respond, and presumably you would like your service over Christmas Regards Micky
0 Kudos
BethAdam
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you! Believe me we have tried as I said last time we just got an automated voicemail saying they are having faults world wide! We seem to be stuck in a rut unfortunately!

I posted on here to hopefully get some sort of recognition from virgin! I am still hopeful!
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Well-informed
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Beth I feel your pain, I know it's a terrible phone system, but you if you persevere you will find a route that tells you if you want to speak to an adviser just hold on. I hope you get the matter resolved. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
BethAdam
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the moral support! It's definatley appreciated.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello BethAdam,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your TiVo® box.

I would like to take a look into this for you but I will need to gain access to your account so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you requesting further details.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
isaachunt01
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Rose_B wrote:

Hello BethAdam,

Welcome to the community and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with your TiVo® box.

I would like to take a look into this for you but I will need to gain access to your account so if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of your screen you will see a message waiting for you requesting further details.

Speak to you soon

Unbelievable.......Its been 3 weeks since he posted that......he's probably toddled off to Sky now where he'll find some customer satisfaction

0 Kudos
BethAdam
Tuning in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

A guy from virgin came round to fix the box... this consisted of him changing the box over... then when it would not connect at all to the tv! The solution was to plug the box back into the old tv- 30inches! Despite the fact we have brought at brand new 50inch tv saying well at least you will have tv for Xmas period! I am so distraught with virgin! I will be calling again soon. Not to fix it but to simply cancel the whole package as we have not recieved any tv service for about 3 and half months now!

Yes sky will be hearing from me!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That's frankly ridiculous. At the very least it sounds as if you have signal issues which should have been looked at, let alone a straight box swap plugged into the wrong TV.

What's the make & model of the new TV?

@ModTeam Can this be revisited?

TV: XL+SkySports V6
BB: 200Mbps SuperHub: Arris
Loc: ME10
    Please use the Search feature before starting a new thread
To thank or if you Like a post, use the Kudos +button. If it's an answer to your query, click Options.
Finally, if all else fails, take a deep breath and remember there's more to life than the internet and TV!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello BethAdam,

I've very sorry to hear about this, I would certainly like to get this looked into for you but unfortunately as previously mentioned I'm unable to find your account details so I'll need to send you another private message requesting this information.

You'll find this message in the purple envelope at the top right of the screen and then I'll be able to investigate this further.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos