Menu
mrreaman
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Box keeps rebooting - Starting up..

Since Monday, my Tivo box has failed to work. It just says Starting Up all the time, reboots, then repeats.  There is a one red light on the 3rd recording light of the box.  When I go to the engineers diagnostic menu it looks like the hard drive has failed as it shows no information on the hard drive page.  This morning it worked briefly for 30 minutes, then switched off and rebooted again.

Calling technical support, they say that they wont send an engineer as there is a fault in the area, but the only fault that is on the status page is the C133 error message. I dont get any error messages, just lots of reboots.  They have said it will be fixed tonight at 6pm, but it was saying yesterday this fault would be fixed at 10 am and they kept changing the time frame! It will be two days now without Tivo service, and I fear they will just push the time back again and again.

Is there anything that can be done to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
SDS7
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box keeps rebooting - Starting up..

We have had the same issue intermittently since Sunday morning and also have the C133 status.  There have been various 'due to be fixed by' times, latest is 6pm today.  There have been short periods when the box has worked (not of course when the things we most wished to watch were showing!) then returned to a cycle of all the box lights flashing and an intermittent starting up message.  Suspect yours may be the same problem.

0 Kudos
dglane
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes same problem for me since Friday = 5th day of no TV services. It's an absolute shambles. Been told that it's a Virgin server problem affecting nationally. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi mrreaman,

Welcome to the Forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry for the disruption this fault is causing.  I will be happy to help check this out for you.

How are things looking today?  If you're still getting this fault, let me know and I can help further.

I'm here to help if you need me. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi SDS7,

Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy 

I have taken a look at this for you and can see you have an engineer booked to get this fixed.  It would be great to know how you visit goes.

Please keep me posted, I'm here to help if you need me. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
SDS7
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  Engineer has replaced the box so we have lost all our recordings and settings but now have TV again, 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi SDS7,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

I'm sorry your recordings couldn't be saved, I know how annoying that can be.  On the plus side, you can copy your TiVo® settings by following the instructions here.  So you won't have to go through setting up your series links and wishlists again Smiley Happy

I am glad to hear all is working ok after the box swap.  

If you  need any help with the Copying TiVo® Settings, give me a shout, I'm here to help.

Let me know how you get on.

0 Kudos
SDS7
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Collette that sounded good but, unfortunately, every time I click on Manage my Tivo I get the Unknown Error message 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi SDS7,

That's not good, have you tried in a different browser?  Perhaps give this a try and see if that helps at all.

Let me know how you get on. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos