Menu
6tuners
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Box going bonkers

Hi, does anyone have a cure for a tivo box that's slowed almost to a stop and started changing channels randomly. It also goes to my shows or opens the information page for current screen. I've removed the remote batteries and that doesn't stop it. It's not when we're recording it's totally different to that. I've rebooted to no avail. I've moved all other remotes from the room and that doesn't help either. I just assumed that it being ridiculously slow was a normal feature but it's getting slower and more random by the day. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Ady
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box going bonkers

Hello Ady,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

I have checked your Virgin box and everything looks okay, I can see that the box has been rebooted recently too so please let me know if you're still having problems.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
6tuners
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I thought I would update my thread to let you know how this got fixed. I got the V6 box when I called to cancel. Everything stopped being broken and started working. Apparently the other box was junk.
0 Kudos
hardboiled
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm now getting exactly the same as you. and judging by my google search this problem has been going on since 2007. So after 11 years the problems still isn't sorted!

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/How-is-this-acceptable/m-p/3630606#M17...

I've now got an engineer coming out on Wed

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi hardboiled,

Thanks for posting.

I'd just like to check how things have been since your appointment?

If you're still experiencing problems please let me know.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos