Menu
wodonnell
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Box Swap

I've got a new Tivo coming as part of the box swap scheme.  Does the old V+ need to be returned or am I allowed to use it in place of an older non-HD V-Box?  The reason being that the v-box is used in a child's room and they don't watch Sky Movies/Sports (which I understand are the channels being affected).  Have a recordable box for the kids would be handy (even if it can't get the SKY channels).

VM have so far refused to replace the old V-Box, despite it being non-hd, as it still actually works.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Box Swap

When you swap out the boxes the smart card on the old V+ box will be invalid and VM are trying to phase out the old SA boxes and you can't put the V box's smart card into it

0 Kudos

All Replies
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They may let you jeep it at a cost but you'll need to phone in an arrange it pretty sharpish. 

0 Kudos
Parrotperson
Super solver
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Keep. KEEP. Not jeep 🙄

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

When you swap out the boxes the smart card on the old V+ box will be invalid and VM are trying to phase out the old SA boxes and you can't put the V box's smart card into it

0 Kudos
wodonnell
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That makes sense.  There was always an extra charge for recordable boxes so I'll just be happy to be getting the TIvo Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

There is a charge for the V+ on anything other than XL TV. You could ask to change the V Box for a VHD. No change in rental & no recording, but at least you would get the HD channels.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos