Menu
YonderBluRay
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Box Swap : Choose Your Delivery Date

I've received an email informing me that I need to arrange a BoxSwap from my old V+ box to a TiVo, and the email provides a link to a web page for booking it.
The web page acknowledges that my address is known and allows me to pick a date and add my mobile number. It also shows the correct email address. However, the [Confirm date and book] button doesn't do anything. I've tried different browsers and Mac/PC, but it looks like the [Confirm date and book] is useless.

-------------------------------------
Structured searchable documentation beats random FAQs any day.
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Box Swap : Choose Your Delivery Date

Hi YonderBluRay,

Thanks for coming by and I'm sorry to hear the online webform isn't working for you.  

I will be happy to help check this out for you.  Have you had any luck since posting?  If you haven't let me know and I will get the ball rolling for you.

I'm here to help if you need me.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
YonderBluRay
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried again, and it seems that the web page is faulty given that I've tried different browsers and different operating systems. I'm trying to book for Wed 1st June.

Ray

0 Kudos
Harker
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I am having the exact same issue, got the email on Monday and have tried daily since. Called up today using 150 on my home phone but the lady said it has to be done through the website or I would get charged!

Any help most appreciated.

Matt

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
YonderBluRay
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've just tried again before finding out how to send a complaint about the website, and it worked. The Confirm box has come alive!

Harker
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yep worked for me now as well Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi YonderBluRay and Harker,

Thanks for updating and I'm pleased to hear all is working ok now for you both with the online form in the end.

I'm sorry for any concern caused.  

Should you need us again in the future, please don't hesitate to ask, we're here to help if you need us.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
YonderBluRay
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Today I received an email notification of my Virgin Media bill. There was a £9.99 Activation Fee for TiVo, yet the original email that informed me that I needed to arrange a box swap with the subject "Ray, we're giving you a new TiVo box" stated:

But we’ve got some great news for you – we’d like to swap it for a brand new TiVo® box. Totally free, with no catches and no strings attached.

I couldn't find any forum posts on the matter, so I used the online chat feature on the Virgin website. At first, the adviser stated that everyone pays the activation fee. When I asked if the email about giving me a new TiVo box free of charge was wrong, he said he would arrange for the fee to be cancelled and agreed that the fee was a mistake.

If anyone else gets charged an activation fee having arranged a box swap online in response to an invitation email, do as I did, and get it refunded.