Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7 (145 Views)

Both TiVo boxes restart when trying to watch recorded programmes

We have 2 TiVo boxes and both have at times restarted whilst we have been watching recordings. On one of the boxes the recordings also stop and freeze part way through, so that no controls work. After a while I do manage to exit out, and then have to fast forward past that point so that I can watch the rest of the programme.

So, can some one from VM check to see if one or both of the TiVo's has an issue please.

Accepted Solutions
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7 (235 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by elfin101
‎17-03-2017 21:40

Re: Both TiVo boxes restart when trying to watch recorded programmes

Hello elfin101,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I would like to arrange for one of our engineers to take a look at the box so I'm just going to pop you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7 (236 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by elfin101
‎17-03-2017 21:40

Hello elfin101,

Thanks for posting on the community.

I would like to arrange for one of our engineers to take a look at the box so I'm just going to pop you a private message with appointment times which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Speak to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7 (113 Views)

Thanks, will reply shortly.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7 (79 Views)

Hi

We've also had problems with our TiVO box restarting for no reason that we can see.  It seems to happen more so when watching recordings or using On demand like Netflix.  Still not impressed with the way the BBC iPlayer works either.

We've only been with Virgin for two months and we're on our second TiVO box. It must be a problem with the design of the TiVO box as I regularly check the broadband speed and that is fine so bandwidth is not an issue. The TV service generally leaves a lot to be desired.  At this rate, when our contract is up, we'll return to TalkTalk.  

Like the rest of the country, we're now having problems with the On demand service. Maybe if they didn't pay Usain Bolt for endorsements, they could put the money into signing a better box lol.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7 (59 Views)

Hi BlackCountryBob,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TiVo®. I can understand how frustrated you must be this early into your time with us!

I'd like to arrange for a technician to take a look at your TiVo® box. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7 (54 Views)

TiVo box cutting out everyday at 845am while watching recorded shows
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7 (39 Views)

Hi trish1968,

Thanks for posting.

Is this happening when trying to view a specific program?

Please let me know if this issue is still continuing.

Speak soon.

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos