Menu
Jamier1001
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Blue light of death starting up... freeze

hi.

on Monday night my Tivo box restarted itself and froze during the Start up page leaving green/red/green lights lit on the left of the box and red/blue lit on the right.

after surching this forum i found suggestions with removing power and hdmi on both TV and TiVo, I tried this in all possible ways but the tivo is still hanging in the same way everytime.

if anyone knows of other possible fixes please do let me know.

thanks in advance!

jamie.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blue light of death starting up... freeze

Hi Jamier1001,

Thanks for coming by and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear your TiVo® isn't loading up for you.  I can see you have an engineer booked to come out and fix this for you which is great to see.

It would be awesome if you could keep me posted on how you get on after our engineer visits.

We're here to help if you need us. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Jamier1001
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hi, 

I called customer services who arranged an engineer call out for the following day. The Engineer found that the signal strength was low at junction box for the entire road, he rectified this. My Tivo  box was still hanging on startup so he provided an new box.

obviously we lost all that was recorded on the box but the engineer and replacement box where free of charge so I couldn't be happier with the service.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jamier1001

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this, I'm really glad to hear that you're able to watch your TiVo box as you wish Man Happy

If you need any assistance in the future, you know where to find us.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos