Menu
WillyRapier
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Black screen on TIVO - no TV

So, for the second time in a month, I have had days of no TV on my TiVo box. All I get is a blank screen. I can see the mini guide, the full episode guide, and all of the menus, just no actual TV being shown. The box is still recording series links and the like, just not actually letting me watch anything.

Naturally, there can be no fault found on my system, and calling the 'phone line is a joke because apparently it's not a problem with them, it's a problem with my TiVo box. Apparently a technician must be called, because there's no other way to resolve the issue. However, last time this happened, they managed to resolve it without a technician coming to my house at all. 

Bad news for Virgin though - not having TV makes me realise how much time I'm wasting by watching it, so I'm now considering cutting back to just Broadband and scrapping the TV package altogether!

Anyone else experiencing this problem, please? I had a friend on the other side of the district that had the same problem, but only with a TiVo box made by Cisco - his Samsung box was unaffected. It might also be a regional problem, I'm in the North Bristol area...

<EDIT> also, loving that my avatar says "tuning in" - when my TV apparently can do anything but...

WillyRapier
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Black screen on TIVO - no TV

*BUMP*

Any VM staff care to comment on the unreliable service?
0 Kudos
paperclip0596
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

my tivo box is doing the same, screen goes black for a few seconds then i get a picture back, spoke to customer care, but still got the problem

WillyRapier wrote:

So, for the second time in a month, I have had days of no TV on my TiVo box. All I get is a blank screen. I can see the mini guide, the full episode guide, and all of the menus, just no actual TV being shown. The box is still recording series links and the like, just not actually letting me watch anything.

Naturally, there can be no fault found on my system, and calling the 'phone line is a joke because apparently it's not a problem with them, it's a problem with my TiVo box. Apparently a technician must be called, because there's no other way to resolve the issue. However, last time this happened, they managed to resolve it without a technician coming to my house at all. 

Bad news for Virgin though - not having TV makes me realise how much time I'm wasting by watching it, so I'm now considering cutting back to just Broadband and scrapping the TV package altogether!

Anyone else experiencing this problem, please? I had a friend on the other side of the district that had the same problem, but only with a TiVo box made by Cisco - his Samsung box was unaffected. It might also be a regional problem, I'm in the North Bristol area...

<EDIT> also, loving that my avatar says "tuning in" - when my TV apparently can do anything but...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi WillyRapier,

Thanks for posting!

I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble you've been having with your service, I can understand your frustration!

I located your account to run some diagnostics and I can see you already have a technician booked in.

Let me know how the appointment goes and give me a shout if you get any more issues.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi paperclip0596,

Thanks for posting!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this too.

I'd like to organise a technician to re-visit to investigate this further for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of the screen) so I can arrange an appointment for you.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos