Menu
dobba
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Banner appears when recording starts. Is this normal? How do I stop it?

New to Virgin TV. Every time a recording starts, the banner appears on screen. 

Is this normal and how do I stop it?

So annoying and unnecessary.

0 Kudos
rps1013
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Banner appears when recording starts. Is this normal? How do I stop it?

Yes it's normal and usually a screen freeze occurs too.

You can't stop it I am afraid unless you are watching a different channel to the one you are recording.
0 Kudos
dobba
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thisis going to be a very long 12 months! Much as I dislike Sky the company and their politics, their TV is far better and at the moment I cant see myself staying past the initial 12 month contract.

Simple user interface - not 12 clicks to do one simple task

iPlayer without buffering

No stupid banners appearing adding no value

0 Kudos
rps1013
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

iPlayer buffering is something which has been common for many subscribers to TiVo since the BBC stopped sending programmes for VM to host on their servers. iPlayer uses the TiVO modem to go online and play from a TiVO specific app.

The many button presses are a pain, i agree, there are some shortcuts. A search of this forum may help you on that front.

As for everything else, there are many threads giving further info on minor issues and some major ones. Best thing to do is have a look through.

One thing that really annoys me is it has 3 tuners. But when two recordings start together and you are watching a channel which is not on a tuner, a banner pops up asking you to change channel or cancel the recording. It has never been clever enough to look at what is actually happening.
dobba
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm trying to get used to it and discover some shortcuts but the user interface currently  seems like GCSE project failure.

I dont see the  iPlayer as fit for purpose. I did query it with their support team but they feigned ignorance of any issues which 2 minutes on google shows clearly is not the case. Open and honest communication with customers would also be a great improvement!

0 Kudos
rps1013
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ha ha, communication from a communication company don't necessarily go hand in hand!

You have correctly found the issue with iplayer. Different views are taken whether fit for purpose or not. Some explanations are there is nothing wrong, other times the discussion centres around whether you actually pay for it. Weird - yes. Correct - who knows.

TiVo is very good at times but my view and possibly others is that it is a clunky beast at times with hardware not capable of running the software. People will tell you in here that this is not true, but...

0 Kudos
zilch
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Mmm...Perhaps I'm the only customer to receive perfect Iplayer, but I certainly don't view the odd information banner across the screen as a catastrophic incident!
0 Kudos