Menu
crumble1984
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Bad picture quality

I have the tivo box connected to a uhd tv sothe picture should be amazing on hd, but its just not there is a lot of grain and pixelation and the images are pretty soft most of the time too, The sd channels are even worse. Also my internet connection speed is terrible instead of getting 150mb i have been getting 3mb!!! Anyone else experienced this?
0 Kudos
crumble1984
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bad picture quality

Any help with this?
0 Kudos
bravebart
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry no solution from me but the same problem.

The last few days tivo picture quality has been terrible and a speed test last night max was 3Mb yet I have a 50Mb service which apparently isn't limited anymore according to their traffic management policy.

This morning speed test back to 38Mb.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi there crumble1984, 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've been experiencing bad picture quality and I'd love to help you out on this. 

I've attempted to run some checks on your connection, but I've been unable to locate your account details using your forum credentials. So I've sent you a private message in order to ask some further questions which will allow me to run some testing. Please look to the top left of this screen where you'll see a red envelope icon, click on this and you'll see my message. 

Apologies once more

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello Bravebart, 

Welcome to the forums, and I'd like to say that I'm really sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues on both your TiVo® and your broad band.

I've done some testing on your TiVo® too, and to be honest with you, all the stats are spot on, I can't see any issue with power levels and the hard drive is also not reporting any issue. 

I'd have ask you to make a post on our Broad Band Speed board, so one of my colleagues can run some checks on this for you. Click here to see out Speed Boards

Apologies again 

Huw

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I would check your HDMI lead, old pre 1.3 leads can act like this

0 Kudos
crumble1984
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi crumble1984,

Thanks for sending over the pictures, sadly I wasn't able to view them Smiley Sad

I have carried out some checks to see what may be causing the fault.  I would like to ask,does this affect one or all of your TiVo® boxes?

If it's just the one, is it the Samsung TiVo® box?  If you can let me know I can check further for you Smiley Happy

Keep me posted.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
crumble1984
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It is just the Samsung box that is doing it, the hd channels are noisy and blocky in the blacks, and not as sharp as they should be. Quite a few sd channels are pretty terrible and barely watchable they seem to have a kind of contrast issue so I get a orange tint to peoples hair, incredibly blocky and noisy and really blurry too. The box often clicks for no apparent reason too. I have tried many different versions of hdmi cable and all get the same result. I don't know if its connected but my internet is still incredibly slow too the most I am getting is about 8mb when I should be getting 150mb!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for you reply crumble1984,

Also thank you for confirming which box is affected.  I have carried out some checks here and there is a detectable signal fault that needs fixing.  For this I will be happy to arrange an engineer for you.  

I will pop all the details in a private message. (Look for the envelope icon above)

In relation to your Broadband running slowly, there are 2 things affecting this and they are:

1.  There is currently some high demand affecting the network you are connected to, this will impact the speed of your Broadband.  Our network team are already aware of this and working to make improvements to the network.  Speeds will be impacted mainly during peak times 

Due to the nature of the work required to improve the network better, it can take some time.  We're expecting a review on the 14th October 15.  If by then things haven't improved, please feel free to give our Broadband Team a shout and request an update.  The reference number to quote is: F003508309.

2.  The other issue affecting the Broadband and that is the Upstream Power level.  This will require an engineer visit, the same engineer sorting your TV service will be able to take care of this at the same time.

I'll pop over that private message now for you Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos