Menu
gothichustler
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Backup series links?

ive recently had problems with my TiVo box. I was complaining to one of the engineers who visited about how time consuming and inconvenient it is to re-input my series links when my box is changed. The engineer told me that if I register for virginmedia cloud it will allow me to backup my profile/series links (although not actual recordings) so I won't have to re-input them again if anything happens with my box. I've read the help info about the cloud but it doesn't mention that it it backups virginmedia profile info so I haven't registered for it yet. Can anyone tell me if the cloud has this function please?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Backup series links?

You don't need to register it does it automatically, if your box is swapped go to this log in and copy your series links from your old tivo to the new one, it won't work unless you jave done a box swap

https://identity.virginmedia.com/vm_sso/idp/requestAssertion.action?SAMLRequest=fVLLTsMwELz3KyLf85SK...

0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

And it works a treat. Had to have a box swap this week. 4 years of thumb ratings, series links and WishLists all copied over. Suggestions kicked in straight away. Boom, thank you very much VM

0 Kudos
gothichustler
Joining in
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. To clarify, I do need to register for iCloud, but I don't need to set it up to save my profile/series links, as this is automatic?

And if my box is swapped, once the new box is in place, I login on my computer to the link you have provided and there will be an option to copy the series links to the new box?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

It's not connected to Cloud at all, so I'm not sure why the engineer said that.

You need to be registered for My Virgin Media, but that's it.

As long as you are go to www.virginmedia.com/tvanywhere , click on Manage My TiVo, and you'll see an option to Copy TiVo settings.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
gothichustler
Joining in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Oh I see. He definitely said the cloud as he showed me where to find it in apps and games. I asked him whether my TiVo has to be connected to the net (as mine isn't) he told me no, as I get 10gb of storage direct from the box.

So would my TiVo need to be connected to the net to have it save my series link settings? Mine isn't as my internet connection is in another room and power line plugs don't seem stable enough so I don't use TV anywhere
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

The engineer has got confused. Virgin Media Cloud has nothing to do with saving series links, thumbs and other TiVo data

As has been said, the backup of this information is automatic. There is nothing you need to do or connect to make it happen. If your TiVo box is switched on it'll upload this data as you use it.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
gothichustler
Joining in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I just wish customer services or the first engineer had mentioned it before I re-input everything. I've had to do it 3 times this week! Very slow and painful!! Thanks for you help everyone
0 Kudos
gemmybear
Joining in
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT HELP - Backup series links?

Hello

I had an engineer come out today 06/05/2016 and he said the tuners had gone in my box, so he swapped it, I told him I had loads of series links that I don't want to loose, as some of the series are not currently on at present and I wont know when they start back up again etc.  He said I could do it online as you have suggested.  I signed in went to manage my TV box and all I get, is it shows one vigin box saying default and next to it a button that says change.  There is no option that says copy anywhere.  I rang virgin and they said the engineer needed to back up all my series links while he was here and that now all I can do is re enter my series links which I cannot remember all of them.  He then said if I had a virgin app I could of back them up onto that as well, but I haven't a clue about a virgin app.  Why can I not just do as you have said and get the copy part coming up??  I'm really upset and the virgin guy said that the engineer would call me back within an hour and he could come out with my old box again and back everything up, but he hasn't called as promised and its over an hour. 

If you can help or suggest anything then please could you, I would really love to have all my series links back.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: URGENT HELP - Backup series links?

Hi Gemmybear,

Welcome to the Community and choosing us to help you Smiley Happy

I'm glad to hear you've had someone help you and that the series links are already saved. I have a link here that takes you through the process end to end to help you Smiley Happy

Can you confirm that you've tried this method?

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos