Menu
Cloddy
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Back to the future

Just tried Back to the Future III. Got error 319. That was after part II packing in halfway through with a different error code but the same message that the service was unavailable. At least that one restarted OK. Thought "Ok, I'll try it on my PC". None of the series is available in 'On Demand' there. What is going on?

The discrepancy between TV and PC is hardly minor as the number of SF Sky movies on the TV menu is 73 but only 27 are available from the web menu. Sort it out.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Back to the future

Hi Cloddy, 

Thanks for your post and for letting us know about this. 

I am really sorry that the content online doesn't seem to match what's available via your TiVo®. These should be matching. 

I have popped an email over to the TV Anywhere team today to find out if there is any known issues going on. 

Once I hear back from the team I shall come back to you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Cloddy
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I won't be holding my breath given previous lack of response by the 'appropriate' teams. See 'Killjoys wasn't here!' thread for example Thanks for trying, anyway.

Had to go direct to Sky web-site to watch this film. Are VM trying to lose business?
0 Kudos
gooding5
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

"Had to go direct to Sky web-site to watch this film. Are VM trying to lose business? "

That's how it works ..............

See here for Tv anywhere info for Sky sports and Sky Cinema

Smiley Happy

I work in the VM Swansea Faults Center .All comments are my own.
I do NOT speak for VM.
0 Kudos
BinghamBloke
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think what they are pointing out is rather than watching a HD version on a big screen tv through Virgins On Demand they had to resort to watching it through the internet on a laptop or whatever.

Pathetic really.
Cloddy
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So what's the point of having TV Anywhere menus on your website that bear little relationship to the same menus on the Tivo box and none bearing much relationship to the Sky menu?

Could someone please sort out the mess that is VM instead of passing the buck onto the customer?
0 Kudos
Cloddy
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Actually, I have a PC linked to my big-screen TV but otherwise your summary is right. :-)

What I objected to was having to go 3 stages to find a program:
(1) Try Tivo menu. One of the three films not in HD.
(2) Try VM TV Anywhere on the PC. None of the three films there.
(3) Try Sky online menu. There they are.

What VM now seem to be saying is don't bother looking at our on-line TV Anywhere menu for Sky films but go direct to Sky. OK, but then how do we get to access other TV programmes, many of which are missing from the shambolic VM menus?
0 Kudos