Menu
norskyorkie
Up to speed
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BT Sport prices up, expect more VM increases.

BT customers will have to pay £3.50 / month for BT Sport channels which are currently free, I would expect Virgin will have to increase their prices to cover them also.

I wouldn't mind but I only watch motor sport with a bit of skiing and the occasional rugby match the last two I could do without.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT Sport prices up, expect more VM increases.

Why? Virgin Media (and hence, their customers) have already been paying for BT Sports. They haven't been getting them free, like some BT customers were.

0 Kudos
norskyorkie
Up to speed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Commercial advantage?

If their own customers have to start paying they may decide Virgin  is a better deal and jump ship so they may up the price to Virgin.

Anyway from past experience VM aren't slow in putting up prices at the slightest excuse.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BT customers do not all get the sports channels free at the moment - it depends on the package you have.

What would be nice is to let VirginMedia have the UHD channel - as many of their own customers can't get it as BT Inifinity is so poor in many areas.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS)
VIVID 350 Optical Fibre (350/20mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD)
0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

norskyorkie wrote:

BT customers will have to pay £3.50 / month for BT Sport channels which are currently free, I would expect Virgin will have to increase their prices to cover them also.

I wouldn't mind but I only watch motor sport with a bit of skiing and the occasional rugby match the last two I could do without.

I watch skiing on EurosportHD , in particular the biathlon and ski jumping

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos