Menu
colin_c
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

BT Sport Red Button - CL

First of I'm aware the coverage comes from BT, however I'm looking for some information on two things that are annoying me tonight!

Whilst watching games via the red button service, is there a way to remove the video menu tab thing that's under the BT Sport icon?

Secondly will the main screen on the red button always be in SD? I'd love to flick between games and see some goals in other games but I don't wanna watch the main game on SD. I.E Man United game is on BT Europe HD but SD on red button, Sky Sports main channel was HD on the red button.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT Sport Red Button - CL

Hi colin_c,

Thanks for your query regarding the red button features on BT Sport.

To answer your first question, you can do by by pressing the 'Clear' button.

To help answer your second question, all content that comes through the red button is in SD with us.

If you have any further queries, don't hesitate to give us a shout anytime Smiley Happy

All the best.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
colin_c
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette, thanks for the reply.

All the clear button does is remove me from the red button back to the channel. I was told it was dissappear after two minutes on a live match, but that doesn't work. Was also advised pressing the ok button removes the video menu tab, it does but then a large triangle appears from the video menu. Anything actually get rid of this menu tab?

When you say all content do you mean via BT red buttons?

Another wee question, am I right in saying VM customers can't get access to the sky sports xtra online channel?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
AlexTia
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My picture on the btsport europe channel (HD) keeps breaking up (tried both tivo boxes), hope this isnt a sign of things to come, also as colin says , why do we have to suffer the red button version of games in SD. Poor.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi colin_c, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

I'm sorry the advice Collette gave didn't help in your case. Checking with a colleague, he seems to think that the menu would stay there. Have you ever seen this disappear? Have you tried pressing the clear button or OK button when the triangle comes up?

All content via Red Button is done in SD as pointed out by Collette. 

You are correct in your last statement too. Virgin Media customers don't have access to Sky Sports Xtra unfortunately. 

If there is anything else I can help with, let us know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
lentcardinal
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just to say that the red button thing on BT Sport is very annoying; watch on red button and you have to put up with a permanent red button menu prompt,, or the menu itself, on the screen. 

Seems a bit silly when compared with other channels' handling of the red button services.

colin_c
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks for the reply.

The menu disappears when you press the OK button, but as I said previously the large white triangle appears from the video menu. I can move this triangle and press okay but it just goes onto another game. It's like it's on the video menu but not, so it's selecting another match. If I press clear when it shows up I just get took off the red button.

Surely there will be a solution for this, it impacts viewing. If it was in-place of the BT sports icon, then it would be okay, but it's below it.

Also you mention red button is all SD, that's not true, I'm currently watching the US Open tennis on SS5 HD channel via the red button and the main coverage is still in HD but the rest of the video options are SD. It was the same with Champions league football on the red button last year, 2 HD on the red button but rest in SD. Why can't the main channel via BT red button not be HD?

People like myself pay to get HD and I feel as if I can't use the BT red button service as the main channel is not HD and that menu is annoying on screen. If it was in HD like Sky Sports CL was then I could view that match and access the goal alert features that I believe will be available on the red button service like SS had.

0 Kudos