Menu
Ian_Nunthorpe
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

BBC4 HD (Channel 164) not showing programmes until 8pm

I set recordings for 7:30pm on Wed 25 February and Mon 2 March on BBC4 HD for Michael Portillo' s Great Continental Railway Journeys. On both occasions, the recordings consisted of a half-hour display of the message "WE'LL BE BACK This channel is not on air right now." 

What is going on!!! 

The Guide is showing that programmes are scheduled to run, as does Upcoming showings. iPlayer appears to have the missing programmes. This presumably is a VM or TiVo problem. 

I see that this type of problem has been reported before - what is being done about it ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC4 HD (Channel 164) not showing programmes until 8pm

This is a known issue with the TiVO firmware, & has been ongoing since before Christmas:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV/Why-was-BBC4-not-on-air-on-virgin-until-8pm-on-24-12/m-p/2574...

I can only assume this issue has been passed back to the firmware developers in the US for a solution.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
bruisedknees
Settling in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is there any further progress on this problem?

I haven't checked whether it's a problem for me with BBC4 HD but it definitely is with BBC4. I've been having trouble with recording Mr Portillo's train journeys scheduled to start at 7.30 pm. For 31 minutes there is the banner saying the channel is not on air and then it kicks into life at 8 pm. This can't be difficult to fix!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi bruisedknees,

I have taken a look into this for you and can see we're still working on this at the moment.  

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused whilst this issue is still ongoing.  We'll hopefully have an update very soon.

Thanks for all your patience, Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sutclip
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem.

Recording on Tivo 164 a programme that starts at 1930 and lasts 90 minutes. The first 30 minutes show the not on air message and then the last 60 minutes are OK.

Looks like a problem between 1900 and 2000.

From my software testing days I'd be looking at two options. A bit error, summer time so it thinks channel starts one hour later than it does. Or maybe something to do with channel needing a pin number.

Please chase this error as it has been going on for some time.

Regards 

Peter 

0 Kudos
Ian_Nunthorpe
Dialled in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This problem is still ongoing - when is it going to be resolved ?????????

0 Kudos
GarethF
Rising star
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Turn your power saving off, that fixes it until VM sort it

BobFoale
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

This still appears to be on going.  Having series linked all the BBC Proms from July through September approximately half of the Concerto series (which starts at 19:30) have not started broadcasting until 20:00.

I wish I had seen this thread earlier - if it is a TIVO issue, I could have recorded them on my V+ box as a back up.

0 Kudos