Menu
Zimacs
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BBC1 Scotland HD showing 'currently unavailable'

Hi. BBC1 Scotland HD is showing 'currently unavailable.   All other channels seem to be OK.   Test of equipment is coming back OK.   Any known problem?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC1 Scotland HD showing 'currently unavailable'

The satellite feed seems to be OK, but VM's gets its feed direct from the BBC via the main Langley headend near London. I would try rebooting your box before calling faults to refresh the box NIT..

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Before you reboot check the diagnostics menu for that tuner. Interesting things would be signal strength, snr, tuner lock, programme lock (off the top of my head).

Just want to see if that tuner is a funny locked state. Can you try and switch that specific tuner to another channel?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos
Zimacs
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies.   It was the only channel I could find that wasn't working. However, after rebooting the box it came back on.   Very strange.   Thanks again.

0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Glad to see it's working again.

There does seem to be an increase in the number of similar posts which was why I was interested in whether the tuner was locked in a funny state. I have had similar problems since RC24 on both boxes and all mine were caused by a single tuner being locked and unable to tune to the requested channel. Forcing the locked tuner off that channel onto another one (which again would not tune) results in being able to tune one of the other tuners into the original channel proving that the channel is fine and it is definitely the tuner which is in a funny state.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos