Menu
adecooper
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BBC three

Can we get rid of BBC three now please? It's been defunct for ages!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BBC three

106 is still there for 2 reasons.

1) As a quick link through to BBC iPlayer

2) To carry the metadata that allows people with any remaining recordings of BBC3 to continue viewing them. When the "grace" period for viewing recordings runs out on 4th October, I think it likely the channel will either disappear or be reallocated.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's gone, hasn't it? It's channel number, 163, has been taken by BBC4 and, in turn, 164 is now Universal HD.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Was that the HD version? 106 is still showing the channel has moved online screen
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

106 is still there for 2 reasons.

1) As a quick link through to BBC iPlayer

2) To carry the metadata that allows people with any remaining recordings of BBC3 to continue viewing them. When the "grace" period for viewing recordings runs out on 4th October, I think it likely the channel will either disappear or be reallocated.

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

adecooper
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ahhh. That seems reasonable then. I didn't realise that recordings wouldn't play otherwise
0 Kudos