Menu
SimonBland
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BBC iplayer issues

Hi All,

In the past the my iplayer service on Tivo has worked fine. Now though there seem to be major buffering issues. the shows on iplayer have become unwatchable - but other services, like repeats from sky are absolutely fine.

Does anyone have any ideas - it would appear to be poor bandwidth from iplayer to virgin? 

Kindest regards

Simon

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC iplayer issues

Hi SimonBland,

A warm welcome to our community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you're getting buffering issues when using the BBC iPlayer.  I'd like to help check this out for you if that's ok?

I have carried out some checks with the TiVo® remotely and signal/power level wise all looks great.  I'd like to know a bit more about the fault you're experiencing, if you can please get back to me with the following information:

* Do you have any buffering when using other apps like YouTube or Netflix?

* Does this happen everytime you use BBC iPlayer? or do you find it's better or worse at certain times of the day?

* If you reboot the TiVo® do you find this will fix the fault until the next time it happens?

* Also, does it happen when you watch the programme ins SD as well as HD?

If you can let me know, I can help further.

Collette Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
SimonBland
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Collette,

It was happening at all times, with SD and HD, but was located just to iplayer.

However now it seems to have fixed itself... I'm still not quite sure how, but we're back to normal operations which is great.

Thanks for the help,

Simon

0 Kudos
SimonBland
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I tell a lie - its all gone pear shaped again this afternoon. Both SD and HD playing on iplayer via the tivo stutter and are heavily buffering. We tried other players on the tivo (eg sky on demand via catchup tv) and there was no problem. 

So we tried iplayer on our television instead (samsung smart tv) and no problems whatsoever

It appears to be a bandwidth issue with how virgin access iplayer for the Tivo?

Kindest regards

Simon

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi SimonBland, 

Thank you for coming in and posting again Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to read that the BBC iPlayer hasn't been up to scratch lately. I would like to help out and have been testing the connection. 

I found from my tests that the TiVo's modem is working well and all online interactive services should be working, however I did encounter some T3 timeouts on the TiVo that i would like to take a look at. 

Can you please reboot the TiVo and let me know so I can take another look?

Many thanks.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos