Menu
Jacesp
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BBC iplayer catchup

Not a buffering problem, but when I access BBC iplayer through the catchup menu, it goes straight back to the menu home page. This is only rectified by a rest of the box. Any ideas why this frequently happens?

0 Kudos
Caher
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC iplayer catchup

Tried to watch something on iPlayer this morning and lo and behold it was not working - just switch to the TV app or Blu Ray app. How i yearn for the sky box again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jacesp and Caher,

Thank you both for your posts on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with the BBC iPlayer.

There is currently an issue seen in your areas, here is the latest update:

You might find that at certain times of the day some programmes from your TiVo BBC player service are buffering or freezing.

We are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any buffering on TiVo apps you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times such as evenings and weekends) will be resolved.

Jacesp, I understand that your issue is not necessarily a buffering issue, however the noted issue above will cause the issue you are having loading the iPlayer. Suggestion for a work-around this, which may make it easier for you to access the programmes on Catch Up that you want to watch:

Instead of going through Catch Up > By Channel > BBC iPlayer, try going to

Catch Up > By Day > then search for your programme according to what day it was originally broadcast on the BBC. This removes the step of loading up the iPlayer, which looks to be causing an issue when you try to connect to it via your box. It will go straight to the programme you want and load it up through our system. 

There are other options via Catch Up as well, like using the EPG and going back to when the programme showed--if it has a little "c" next to the listing, press OK and it will give you option to View Catch Up via BBC iPlayer (if there is no "c", it won't be available via Catch Up).  You could also do a Search for the programme you want to view and access the iPlayer that way. 

Just as a precaution, I have tested both of your boxes to see if I could see any issues with the equipment that could also be causing these problems. The tests came back fine for both of you--all the levels, signals and hard-drive settings are exactly as they should be.

Apologies that these workarounds are needed in order to view Catch Up via the BBC iPlayer. 

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Kind regards.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Jacesp
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

I have tried both your suggestions - going through the catchup/by day as well as scrolling backwards from the EPG.  All have the same result, the screen shows the "one moment" logo with the spinning circle, then goes straight back to the original screen.  The only way to get to any iPlayer catchup is to do a reset of the virgin TiVo box by switching off at the mains and waiting for 30 seconds and restarting the box.  Annoying to say the least!!

Jacqui

0 Kudos