Menu
AndrewSaint
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

BBC iPlayer

Watching ITV/C4/C5 recorded on Tivo box is fine. East stop, start, fast forward, etc.

BBC programmes on iPlayer are something else. Ages to download, lots of buffering, difficult to fast forward or backwards. iPlayer even easier to watch on my computer than on Virgin TV.

Any comments, advice, please?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BBC iPlayer

iPlayer on TiVo is a direct BBC app experience, rather than being part of Virgin Media's On Demand infrastructure.

So the iPlayer app works more like Netflix in that it connects to the BBC directly and streams content over the built in internet connection the TiVo box has.

The interface for iPlayer is consistent across all 'Connect TV' devices of which TiVo is one.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BBC iPlayer

iPlayer on TiVo is a direct BBC app experience, rather than being part of Virgin Media's On Demand infrastructure.

So the iPlayer app works more like Netflix in that it connects to the BBC directly and streams content over the built in internet connection the TiVo box has.

The interface for iPlayer is consistent across all 'Connect TV' devices of which TiVo is one.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos