Menu
Actmaxine
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

BBC iPlayer is completely unusable from Catch Up

I have just spent 50 minutes waiting for a program to start from BBC iPlayer. Still stuck on opening credits. I can watch straight away on my iPad but the TiVo box is useless.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC iPlayer is completely unusable from Catch Up

It works better on the v6 box
0 Kudos
Actmaxine
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not very helpful!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Actmaxine,

Thanks for coming by and welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear the BBC iPlayer hasn't been working for you.  Has it happened before or since?  I have carried out some checks remotely with the service and all is looking great signal wise and the network I'm pleased to say doesn't appear to have any high demand issues present.

Can you please let me know if this was a one off or does it happen frequently?  If it does happen frequently, does it happen at certain times of the day?  One other thing, does the same happen on any other Apps?

If you can let me know, I can check further.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Actmaxine
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It is unusable every time. It works slightly better from Apps but not at all from Catch up.
I have tried resetting the Tivo box ,clearing preferences etc but it makes no differences. I did complain ages ago but got no satisfactory response.
If I want to be sure of being able to watch something I have missed I have to remember to record it.
0 Kudos
Actmaxine
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I only ever watch in the evenings between 8-15pm.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Actmaxine,

Thanks for getting back to me.  

I'd like to check this further with you if that's ok?

Can you please tell me how you normally access the content?  What path through the menu system do you take to use the app or order the programme?

If possible can you try accessing BBC content via the Red Button?  Does the content load ok or is the response the same?

Keep me posted.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Actmaxine
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have just tried accessing BBC I player from the red button then Search iplayer and that seems to work fine. It took about 50 secs to load. I tried the same programme from Home/Catch Up/Search which is the route I would usually take. It was OK but about 20 secs slower. But this was at 3:45 in the afternoon so not a comparable test as I usually watch in the evenings. Last week at 9pm using that route I gave up after 50 minutes of waiting for it to load.
I them tried Home/Catch Up/Search and searched on two programmes - Electric Dreams (available until 22nd )Great British Bake Off (available until 24th)both on 4. For both I got the following error message

Show Unavailable
The show is not currently available V202.
Please try again in a few minutes.

Still get same message.
0 Kudos