Menu
aweale
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BBC iPlayer buffering constantly

Hi,

This is my first post. I signed up mainly because I get a great service from Virgin Media except for the iPlayer built in to Tivo. It constantly buffers and/or pixelates. 

Is there a fix for this that anyone is aware of? It seems to be worse since the software was updated with the new look menus and Series Link+

Many thanks.

Alan

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC iPlayer buffering constantly

Hey Alan Smiley Happy

Welcome to the Community, I hope you're keeping well Smiley Happy

I would like to help and have already been into the account, I've not been able to see anything awry right now so further tests will need to be done.

I would like to ask if this is something that is happening in the evenings or in the mornings too? Finally is this a specific show and also live TV?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
aweale
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Apologies for the late reply - busy!

I only watch TV in the evenings so the buffering is probably occurring at the busiest time. I have tried it again but in the early evening and it seems OK at the moment.

The buffering is restricted to BBC iPlayer only. Live TV is generally OK except for a few moments of pixelating that occur every evening regardless of channel. I must say that when we first went over to Virgin TV about 18 months ago we had none of these problems. They are all recent.

Many thanks for your help.

Alan

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your reply, life is hectic at times we know!

It's great that the iPlayer isn't playing up as it was when you messaged me. There may be times of which there would be a slight delay loading the content to your TV but nothing as much to interrupt mid way. 

I have tested the connection once more and again the TiVo is looking quite healthy, with no signs or error.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos