Menu
vadek
Rising star
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BBC Sport app Wimbledon 2016

It's that time of year when I actually use the BBC Sport app to watch tennis. The first couple of days it's been great. HD quality and no issues with the streaming. Today it's just a jerky mess, so I've had to switch to using my Sony smart TV instead which is wi-fi connected to a slow TalkTalk broadband connection. But it works!

Such a shame that the TiVo, with a dedicated network connection, is not capable of smooth streaming.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC Sport app Wimbledon 2016

Hey vadek

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience you're experiencing with your BBC Sport application recently.

I've not heard of any issues with this at the moment and I've had a check on the set top box in the office and we're not seeing any of the issues you've mentioned.

Is it still the same today? If so, would you be able to check any of the other apps to check if you're getting similar performance?

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

In addition to the streams available on the BBC Sport app, the BBC is broadcasting 6 linear TV streams, one of which is duplicated in HD.

You can find these on channels 990 to 996 (channel 990 is in HD).

SU1617jpeg.jpg

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV+), Talk Unlim Telco, VIVID 100, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
vadek
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Craig_D wrote:

Hey vadek

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience you're experiencing with your BBC Sport application recently.

I've not heard of any issues with this at the moment and I've had a check on the set top box in the office and we're not seeing any of the issues you've mentioned.

Is it still the same today? If so, would you be able to check any of the other apps to check if you're getting similar performance?

Talk soon

Craig

Hi Craig. It's variable. I used the BBC Sport app yesterday and it was fine. Maybe it sometimes suffers from congestion.

Thanks!

David

0 Kudos
vadek
Rising star
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

nodrogd wrote:

In addition to the streams available on the BBC Sport app, the BBC is broadcasting 6 linear TV streams, one of which is duplicated in HD.

You can find these on channels 990 to 996 (channel 990 is in HD).

Thanks. Yes. I use the BBC red buttons as well but, when it works, the BBC Sport app shows HD quality streams which are better than 992-6. And sometimes the match I want to see is only available via the app.

David

0 Kudos