Menu
marrtin
Superfast
Message 1 of 52
Flag for a moderator

BBC Red button error message

I use the BBC Red Button news service a lot, but over the last week or so, every time  I select the "News Home" I get the message, "An error has occurred.  Error Code: EDITION"

Any explanations folks?

0 Kudos
marrtin
Superfast
Message 2 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Re: BBC Red button error message

So, after no replies on here, I called VM, and after 20 minutes on the phone, it's clear they don't have an answer either. I am advised to wait 24 hours and if it hasn't gone away, I'm to call back.

Would seem the advice is just a fob off really  as the error message has occurred every time I have accessed the Red Button service over the last 10 days or so. Why should it suddenly go away tonight??

Details on screen.

Application Unavailable

An error has occurred

Error Code: EDITION

The service pauses whilst the message is shown (oddly, it shows the BBC News jingle in the background) ,  then after 10-20 seconds or so, either the service works fine, or it closes and reverts to the main viewing channel

Any advice is very welcome..

0 Kudos
zerodbs
Dialled in
Message 3 of 52
Flag for a moderator

marrtin wrote:

So, after no replies on here... 

Your reply occurred before your question:
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TiVo/BBC-News-App-Stutter/td-p/2755710

Amounts to the same thing though!

0 Kudos
coachdriverman
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 52
Flag for a moderator

I have just upgraded from a V box to Tivo and now enjoy all the problems of the error codes Edition and CPS.  Obviously this problem has been around for some years.  Who's problem is it?  The BBC or is it the Virgin Tivo box?  Either way after years of errors it's about time someone got their finger out and resolved the problem.  What say Virgin?

0 Kudos
norskyorkie
Up to speed
Message 5 of 52
Flag for a moderator

I used to get the EDITION error from about a month ago but it went away if I waited then I could access the World, UK, etc., over the last couple of days I now get the CPS error when I try and select a section other than Video News which seems to work OK itself, strangely the sports pages work OK.

I have mentioned this in a conversation I'm having about other problems via private messaging

0 Kudos
norskyorkie
Up to speed
Message 6 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Update, I've had an e-mail to say that this is happening at their end and it's been escalated to get it fixed,

0 Kudos
marrtin
Superfast
Message 7 of 52
Flag for a moderator

The error message for me only appeared about a month ago and happens almost every time the service is accessed. I had a VM engineer her last week, and tried to show him the message, but damn me, I couldn't make it appear. Typical!

If you respond to the error message with "Ok", it cancels the service and reverts to the viewing channel.  If you ignore the message and wait, after about 5 seconds the red button service resumes and can be accessed without further problems. Well apart from the sluggish Tivo and iPlayer stutter that is.Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Hi All,

Thanks for coming by and I'm sorry for the disruption this error has caused with the BBC Red Button feature.

We're currently working on a fault with this at the moment and our engineers are working to restore very soon.

We've been advised that this may be resolved in the next couple of days.  

If you continue to have a fault with this beyond this feel free to get back in touch and give us a shout and we'll be happy to help.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience caused during this time.

Keep us posted on how you get on. Smiley Happy

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
norskyorkie
Up to speed
Message 9 of 52
Flag for a moderator

Red Button news working again as of Thursday morning.

0 Kudos
marrtin
Superfast
Message 10 of 52
Flag for a moderator

norskyorkie wrote:

Red Button news working again as of Thursday morning.

Not so for me. Error occurred immediately I tried to access the service.  I find it doesn't always appear unless the Tivo has been powered down to standby first.

Like you, I am now experiencing a new error as well as the EDITION code.  Error code: CPS.

0 Kudos